Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fairy Tales

When I was younger, fairy tales were mostly told to my sister, since she was usually the one who liked magic, fairies, princes and princesses and happily ever after endings. However, I do remember the impact that Robin Hood and Peter Pan had on me.
For my 4th birthday, my parents got me a custom made Robin Hood book in which i was included as a character in the book, along with my sister and two neighbors. I made my mom read that book to me almost every night because I loved being Robin Hood's sidekick as he stole from the rich and gave to the poor. Robin Hood became my hero and I pretended to be him all the time, running around my house with a stick which was supposed to be my bow and arrow. I would pretend to steal candy and give it to other children who did not have any candy. I think that the story was very important in teaching me how to share and to help those less fortunate than me.
Peter Pan was also a favorite of mine since he could fly. I loved the cartoon movie by Disney as well as the later-released Hook starring Robin Williams. I just oved how he refused to grow up and could fly just based on happy thoughts. I think that the notion of never growing up and having to deal with the problems and responsibilities of being an adult was one of the main reasons why Peter Pan stuck with me and was such a favorite of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment